Monday, November 13, 2017

Shameless Book Con 2017

Hi there!!! I'm a little late in getting this post up, but you know how you leave things for the next day...well that turned into 3 weeks later. 

In any event - I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Shameless Book Con in Orlando on October 21, 2017. I must say that I truly did enjoy myself even though I flew solo at the event. 

I had general admission ticket and had to join the line, I got there around 11:00am, door were set to open at 12 noon. So although the line was LOOONG - the ladies hosting the event made it entertaining! 


I got to meet some of my favorite authors for the first time. -- Such as Suzanne Wright!!!! I was so excited to meet her, I figured I would never get the chance because she lives in the UK. So when I saw that she was attending I was fan girling!!! 

She was so funny and nice. Here is one of us -- i'm the write of course and she is the fan!! lol. 





Another great author I got meet was Red Phoenix, she was great - and even had her mask on. Best news ever was that I entered her raffle for a basket of goodies and I WON!!!!!  I was so excited that I won - I normally don't enter raffles for things I know I can purchase on my own but the raffle had a beautiful Mardi Gras themed mask - so I entered! Very grateful that Red was doing a raffle. Thank you so much!!!! 



Then I made my way around to Kym Grosso who I've been lucky enough to meet before and of course who can forget the handsome Jace!!! These two are so funny - I love seeing them and their interactions. I was also lucky enough to get a free book - which I am grateful for because you know...you can never too many of those. 



The last author I met was Meredith Wild, I do believe she hosted the gala that night...I also managed to snag one of her coloring books! Which was great because I do love coloring and even more so when it is from one of your favorite authors! 


Not that I think authors visit my page but just in case, I would like to say THANK YOU so much for taking the time to participate in these events. Thank you for taking the time to sign the books AND take pictures. Im sure your hands are sore after these events. To crazy readers like myself - it is such a great feeling when you connect with the author. Even if it's just for a few minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment